Flag of the President of the Supreme Court of Thailand
In the international arena, the President of the Supreme Court, as the leader of the Judiciary, plays the important roles; for example,
1. The President of the Supreme Court has been designated as the representative of the Judiciary, which is one of the three branches of sovereign powers, to pay courtesy calls and exchange views related to judicial and legal matters with the heads of states that formally visit Thailand as honored guests of His Majesty and Her Majesty.
2. The President of the Supreme Court of Thailand is also a member of the Council of ASEAN Chief Justices (CACJ),which currently has the objectives (i) To promote close relations and mutual understanding amongst the ASEAN judiciaries, (ii) To provide a regular forum for the ASEAN Chief Justices to discuss and exchange views on common issues facing the ASEAN judiciaries, and (iii) To facilitate judicial cooperation and collaboration among ASEAN judiciaries with a view to accelerate the economic growth and development of the ASEAN region.
The meeting of the Council is annually held in ASEAN country. The Chief Justice of the host country of meeting will be elected as theChair of CACJ.
3. The President of the Supreme Court is a member of National Committee of the Asean Law Association for Thailand consisting of legal professionals in both government and non-government sectors aiming at strengthening the relationship and cooperation as well as the exchange of legal knowledge and innovation of new laws among Asean countries.
4. The President of the Supreme Court is the Thai delegate who participates in the Conference of Chief Justices of Asia and the Pacific Region held every three years to exchange views on suitable roles of Courts of Justice and development of judicial administration.
5. Being the representative of the Thai Judiciary, the President of the Supreme Court goes abroad to strengthen relationships and cooperations among the Judiciary of the other countries and to exchange views on issues relating to judicial system and laws. The Roles of the President of the Supreme Court-International Functions